As an Amazon Associate I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. No extra cost to you.
When you are leading Milky Way Elite Dangerous, you don’t want to lag. When you start using the best joystick for Elite Dangerous, it not only enhances your control but also boosts the overall experience. Elite Dangerous is a Windows-based space flight simulator with multiplayer and single-player modes. It’s an open-end space travel game in which users pilot spacecraft through several star systems. Flight simulator games work best with joysticks than gamepads because they resemble the control sticks found in genuine plane cockpits.
Best Joystick for Elite Dangerous
Before purchasing a joystick, you need to know its features and what you are looking for. Select a controller for Elite Dangerous based on your budget and gaming expectations. Professional gamers will choose high-end budget-friendly joysticks like the Saitek, Thrustmaster Warthog X55 Rhino, or Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Joystick system. Here is a list of the best Joystick for Elite Dangerous that might help you choose your preferred model.
1. Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog
This is an exact copy of the A-10C aircraft control panel used by the US Air Force. As a result, the difficult numerous buttons, hands-on stick to design the finest budget joystick for Elite Dangerous with a removable throttle.
The Hotas Warthog features 19 personalized buttons. It also includes an 8-point vision hat. When some just have a single removable plastic throttle control or even a single joystick to operate, gear has a double metal hands-on throttle system. The whole device is made of metal to ensure integrity and enhance your experience. It offers 16-bit accuracy and needs pressure on the joystick and buttons because it uses the same pressure that is used by combat aircraft. This means that the joystick is removable, which is a key characteristic of ThrustMaster’s greatest joysticks.
- Accurate controls
- You can update the firmware
- It hasn’t been able to eliminate smoothness and accuracy.
- Well built
- A certain level of strength will be required.
- Almost all simulators require some setup.
2. Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS Controller
The T.16000m HOTAS is on the more reasonable end of the range, but it contains a lot of functions that aren’t present on entry-level configurations. It’s the most recent version of Thrustmaster’s premium gaming joystick. The joystick has a throttle slider, with other previous abilities of Thrustmaster as the design was primarily intended to be a solo controller. This controller can be used with a PC by connecting with a USB that has Windows 10,8,9 or Vista.
There are four buttons on the stick and a single hat switch on the top. The joystick’s base contains 12 buttons and a slider. You don’t need separate pedals because the joystick provides spin movement in addition to the traditional pitch and roll. Nonetheless, this only works with T.Flight Rudder pedals, MDF Cougar systems, and T.A.R.G.E.T. software.
- Has classic design
- It’s the first to have a throttle that slides back and forth.
- Throttle provides a wide range of controls and switches at your convenience.
- Many suitable accessories are available from Thrustmaster.
- Triggers tend to be very weak.
- The throttle has a much more sophisticated feel to it than the joystick.
- The joystick seems to be out of date.
3. Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick
Hotas X has 12 buttons and 5 axles that you can customize according to your own will. Furthermore, you have the option of creating ‘preset settings’ for various apps and games. It contains internal memory to maintain the FCS Hotas item’s preset settings even when it’s disconnected. The FCS Hotas gear has a comfortable design with a large hand-rest. The joystick also has a plug-and-play mechanism, allowing you to use it right away after connecting it. Its accuracy is the best. The Hotas X also contains a brake trigger, rapid-fire button, and a panoramic view option by the multi-directional hat.
- Contains comfortable hand rest
- The customizable buttons are quite convenient to operate.
- Immediate plug and play
- Proper built-in framework
- Magnetic sensors are supported.
- Cable is not that long
- After a few moments, it becomes quite sticky.
4. Logitech G PRO Flight Yoke System
This is an ideal flight simulator that has five axes, an aileron control shaft, and a stainless-steel elevator along with 25 programmed switches. Precise and reliable elevator and aileron control are provided by a genuine stainless-steel shaft with fine bearings. You can navigate front-to-back, side-to-side, or vertical axes by using the controls. The Flight Yoke System works with the whole Logitech G flight panel and device line. To create your own personalized cockpit, place them side-by-side or arrange them. It includes an LED display that syncs with the main flight simulator software in real-time.
- It’s a very realistic simulator without having to pay hundreds of dollars on a genuine cockpit.
- The yoke can be securely attached to the edge of a table using the clamp provided.
- The building materials are nice, and it feels great when you use them.
- possesses the ideal mix of quality and affordability.
- It does not have full-range motion.
- Makes a loud creaking sound
5. Logitech X52 Flight Control System
The X52 flight simulator has a versatile LCD to provide quick access to an incredible minimum of 105 customizable instructions. Use the clock and stopwatch functions to help you organize your flight. Fly long, relaxing stretches with a grip that adjusts to fit a variety of hand sizes. The buttons are incorporated with illuminated lights on the stick and throttle. The joystick effortlessly returns to a neutral position once you release off, thanks to a highly precise balancing function. On the X and Y axes, non-contact technology improves control while also enhancing longevity. Idle, afterburners and reverse thrusters may all be controlled more easily with a progressive throttle with detents. The throttle resistance may be adjusted using the tension dial.
- Adjustments are great
- Looks aesthetic
- The throttle attaches and functions properly.
- It is comfortable to hold and can be adjusted by different size hands.
- The joystick tension is too light, and there is no way to alter it.
- After using it for a while, it feels sticky.
- Feels plasticky
6. Logitech X52 Pro Flight Control System
In Microsoft’s Flight Simulator X, the Logitech G X52 specifies accurate flight simulator control, utilizing a versatile LCD for quick access to your radio stack navigation. With a clock and stopwatch feature, as well as an adaptable handle to fit a broad variety of hand sizes, you can keep track of your flight plans. The joystick will quickly reset to the neutral position anytime you need it due to a highly precise focusing system. Contactless technology on the X and Y axes, as well as continuous spring force, improve handling while extending the life of the device.
- Indicator trigger with dual actions.
- The spring-centering system improves control.
- Smart Technology programming tools allow you to customize the way your buttons operate.
7. 200-571 CH Products Fighterstick USB
The Fighterstick has three axes for aileron, elevator and throttle control, 24 buttons, and two rotary trim wheels for fine aileron and elevator control. Three standard push buttons, one 8-way POV hat switch, three 4-way hat switches, and one mode switch button are all included on the Fighterstick. The Fighterstick has a total of 128 customizable features when used with the accompanying Control Manager programming software, allowing you to completely customize your controller.
The Fighterstick is made of many of the same high-quality components as their industrial controllers. The wide, robust base has non-slip rubber feet to keep your controllers from sliding around on your desk while you’re playing. The Fighterstick comes with a 7-foot USB cable for easy plug-and-play setup and requires no drivers or software to get started.
- The molded stick and throttle are extremely durable and feel like high-end components.
- Well built
- The buttons are extremely precise and accurate, without wobbling.
- With just a little amount of slop, the axis motion is accurate.
- Lacks handle twist
- If you have tiny hands, you may have trouble accessing all of the features.
8. Logitech Attack 3 Eight Button Joystick
The Logitech Attack 3 Joystick will provide you with optimum control with minimal effort, no matter how you prefer to fly. As soon as you wrap either hand over the comfortable grip, you’ll notice the seamless operation and accurate control that signal one thing, that this isn’t just an average joystick. Plus, the 11 customizable controls on this stick’s increased firepower will enable you to get to the right track.
- Handle easy to use
- No drivers or configuration is needed
- The joystick has good resistance
- Responds quickly
- The customizing program is both adaptable and user-friendly.
- Need a bit of pressure
- Can have some problems while using in Mac
9. Logitech G Extreme 3D Pro Joystick for Windows
This joystick features 12 programmable buttons that may be customized to your preferences and Elite Dangerous requirements. The 8-way hat switch is located just beneath your thumb when you hold the handle, allowing you to rapidly change your viewpoint or swap weapons. Logitech Gaming Software allows you to customize your controls and generate complicated instructions with a single button.
This joystick impresses not just with its abundance of functions for the price, but also with its build quality. While it’s entirely made of plastic, it seems sturdy enough to withstand years of gaming abuse as well as accidental falls.
- Instant plug and play
- Supports ball Windows OS
- Made especially for air battle games
- Twist handle is controlled with rubber
- It is extremely sturdy and offers a wide range of movement options.
- It’s a little difficult to attach to a desk.
- The clasp has been decreased because of the rough pole
- Few bugs are found in the drivers that need upgrades.
10. Logitech Extreme 3D PRO Joystick
You’ll never be disappointed with the Extreme 3D Pro twist handle joystick. The eight-way rubber hat switch and 12 programmable buttons allow you complete control, according to your preferences. Conquer the sky or the land with the twist handle’s extremely precise direction control and 12 well-placed, customizable controls, and a rapid-fire trigger. Whether you’re entering the fray or fleeing out, efficient and precise throttle settings are essential.
- The controller has a sturdy touch to it and offers precise control modifications
- Efficient accuracy
- High quality
- The spring of the stick is stiff
- Some buttons stick when it is activated.
Things To Consider When Buy a Joystick for Elite Dangerous
Everyone has their own preferences when it comes to selecting the finest joystick for Elite Dangerous. There are certain factors that you need to consider while choosing a joystick.
- Do you consider yourself an experienced or next-level player? A skilled aviator might prefer Thrustmaster models, which allow them to operate the throttle and rudder individually and have more programmable buttons to experiment with. This, on the other hand, might be perplexing for a newcomer who knows nothing about flying.
- Budget is another important factor. For most people, installing a dual-rudder system is too expensive. For example, replicas of fighter aircraft finest things can be really exciting, but they can also be extremely expensive.
- Choosing the joystick is associated with being the kind of player as well. If you are an Elite Dangerous player, you can enjoy exploring the space without facing an enemy. However, you may be someone who enjoys tracking down renegade ships for tasks. You’ll need a well-balanced joystick with a weighted base to handle your sideways jerks.
- Another thing to think about is ambidextrous sticks for independent control. You may install drivers or configuration software to differentiate the two if you want to have the same experience controlling your stick, throttle, and rudder independently.
- Choosing depends on the number of games played as well. Some people are enthusiastic gamers who like a variety of flight simulators, while others are devoted to a single game. Because flying a spacecraft and flying an airplane are two distinct things, your button combinations may change. You’ll want your joystick to have slots for multiple settings depending on the game you’re playing.
- It’s amazing to have compatible pedals to go with it. Some of the better gear includes complimentary pedals to enhance your flying adventure.
Other things to consider are as follows:
- Easy setup joysticks
- Comfortable to move and operate
- Precise and respond quickly.
- ready to perform the essential functions for the sport in concern.
- Simple and easy to carry.
- Buttons can be customized using easy software.
Benefits of Having a Special Joystick for Elite Dangerous
A competent joystick, mouse, or keyboard is vital for gamers and those who commit their lives to a high-quality gaming experience in Elite Dangerous.
Whether you’re a space adventurer or a pirate, anchoring your own spacecraft is one of the most difficult yet rewarding aspects of Elite Dangerous. And it’s one of those difficult aspects of the game that people can’t seem to get enough of, while some are undoubtedly frustrated by how difficult it is. It is, nevertheless, something you should not overlook because it will assist you in gaining a superior control system for your ship in the future.
Battles are another thing that some gamers like doing. And for some, it’s undoubtedly one of the tempting features that drew them in. How does it feel to fly your spaceship while controlling a thruster to dodge lasers and escape being shot at? It won’t be nice if your controller is always failing.
Exploration is the most popular activity among individuals. It’s quite unusual for someone playing Elite Dangerous to come across a solar system where they can trade in some cash. However, it wouldn’t hurt to simply take in the breath-taking sight of the space. You’ll need nothing less than a durable, fast, and precise joystick in a universe where you pilot a spacecraft to various locations, combat a few spaceships and enroll as a taxi between planets.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Q1. How do I set up my joystick for elite Danger in Windows?
Many HOTAS units have a lengthy USB cable, while many others include built-in WiFi. As a result, you have the option of connecting the rod to the computer through WiFi or via wire.
Q2. Does Elite Dangerous support flight stick?
Yes, it does. Models developed for Xbox, such as the Hori Ace Combat 7 HOTAS Flying Stick and the Thrustmaster T. Flight HOTAS One, are also suitable with Microsoft Flight Simulator for those who like to operate with a flight stick.
Q3. Are joysticks so expensive for the elite dangerous?
Prices vary from brand to brand along with their specifications. Most manufacturers purposefully inflate their costs to make their items appear high-end in quality, but if you search online, you’ll discover that you may get a better deal. Some joysticks are affordable and can be used easily by starters. There are also expensive ones with complicated features for advanced users.
Q4. Why do they call “Thrustmaster Hotas” a Warthog?
The Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog is a HOTAS gear that is inspired by the Fairchild Republic A-10C Warthog’s real HOTAS.
Q5. Is “Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS” developed with Frontier for Elite Dangerous?
Yes. Elite Dangerous has a profile to help you.
Elite Dangerous is an online multiplayer game set on a scientifically realistic replica of our Milky Way galaxy. While exploring the enormous Milky Way Galaxy is an intriguing concept, players are perplexed as to what to do once they are there. As a result, make sure you’re familiar with both the game and your controller.
Each of the joysticks up there has a unique quality. You must, however, understand what you require. This is the first step. Pro players might consider High-end specifications Hotas like the Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System and Thrustmaster. If you’re searching for an inexpensive joystick, the Thrustmaster T16000 will save you money while giving you tremendous control over Elite Dangerous.
View more related posts about Entertainment.