Cleaning is an important part of our life. A neat and clean environment provides a positive vibe around us. But in this busy life, it is very difficult to clean manually, especially if you have a big pool to take care of. However, technology is always there to make your life easier! This article is going to provide you with a list of the best vacuum for Intex pool.
Pool vacuum cleaners are used to clean the pool with the help of the suction section of the pool material. The vacuum cleaner connects to the water filter of the pool or to a fixed suction pipe to gather debris and send it in to the pool’s filtration system.
Recently, vacuum cleaners for Intex pools are highly in demand mainly because of this above-ground pool. Here are some of the best products that we came across after hours of research.
Best Vacuum for Intex Pool
Zodiac Ranger cleans your aboveground pool properly, removing debris, dirt, leaves, bugs, twigs, and as well as pebbles. There is no need for additional plumbing or electricity.
The equipment is assembled beforehand in the box, so, it can be installed in a few minutes. You just need to connect the horse and you can start cleaning your pool. Water flow is automatically regulated to make sure maximum performance with the help of FlowkeeperTM Valve.
- The Extra-Large Wheel Deflector allows the Ranger to avoid being stuck on stairs, ladders, or in corners, allowing it to continue cleaning the pool.
- Inside, there is a Quick Release Cassette and Diaphragm. Since there are no gears, wheels, or flappers, installation and servicing are easy.
- AG Disc enables the Ranger to sweep the whole pool by smoothly gliding around the bottom, up the edges, and around stairs.
- Ranger has Quit Operation The Ranger is programmed to operate rapidly, silently, and accurately unlike other cleaners that make irritating hammer sound.
- Easy to assemble
- Soundless service
- Glides smoothly
- Gets stuck sometimes
Turbine cleaners from AquaBug are made to automatically disinfect the bottoms of all sizes and shapes of above-ground and in-ground pools. You will never need to replace your debris bags or empty them.
AquaBug functions with the existing filtration system so you do not need to provide any extra energy. You can install everything within 10 minutes including the hoses. The installation process is very simple as well. It increases water circulation by operating as a flowing main drain that draws water from your pool’s bottom as it travels.
- SmartDriveTM in the Hayward AquaBug makes sure that the entire pool is cleaned efficiently and quickly.
- The installation process takes less than 10 minutes and requires very easy procedures without needing any tools.
- Turbine/Gearing System ensures silent activity and smooth passage around the pool bottom by maintaining a steady and controlled water flow.
- Advanced Controlled Head Design enables it to finish the steering pattern in the shortest possible time.
- Delux Bumper Ring reduces friction, making it easier to step away from walls and resume the programmed steering pattern.
- Santropene shoes with slots for fast turns.
- Time saver
- Easy to install and operate
- Soundless activity
- Does not do the sides
- Sometimes gets stuck
3. Aquabot X4
Aquabot X4 is the market champion in automated pool cleaner technology. This pool robot is influencing both as an inground and an above-ground cleaner with its four-wheel drive and Autox pool mapping.
It is the best robotic pool cleaner filtration device that traps more debris and dirt and leaves your pool cleaner than you ever imagined.
- AutoX Pool Mapping technology calculates the estimated measurements of your pool and selects the best cleaning period for it.
- X4 is Easy to Operate. The simple control panel of the power supply can conveniently designate when your Aquabot 4 pool robot runs a cleaning cycle.
- Aquabot consumes just 180W of power, allowing you to clean your pool more regularly while saving money on electricity.
- X4 contains Powerful Jets and Brushes. Its sturdy micro-brushes scrub the pool clean from the surface to the waterline and anywhere in between. As it passes, the spinning micro-brush irritates the floor, loosening tough dirt, waste, algae, and bacteria, even along the walls and waterline, where toxins can accumulate.
- The Aquabot X4 is fitted with a true 4-Wheel drive system that allows it to handle any pool shape.
- With a brand-new anti-tangle swivel, you can be assured that your pool can be swept without tangles.
- X4 has Dual-Media Filtration. Its ultra-fine mesh filter baskets can be easily accessed and collect anything from massive debris to tiny particulates as small as 2 microns.
- Easy to use and clean
- 3-year warranty
- Easy to operate
- Energy Efficient
- Does not get stuck
- The cord is knot-free
This is one of the best intext pool vacuum cleaners in the industry, which has a unique hydraulic design to clean the pool efficiently.
The E-Z Vac would provide you with years of consistent service. Because it only has one moving component (the flapper), which means it will last a long time without needing to be serviced or replaced.
- A Regulator Skimming Valve controls water flow to ensure that debris is flushed from the water line to the pool floor at an optimum cleaning level.
- Offers effortless cleaning by connecting the Skimmer Line and combining it with the existing pool pump and filtration device.
- You can install your skimmer without using any tools in minutes.
- Performs efficiently in both dish-shaped and flat-bottomed pools.
- It comes with a head and 32 feet of hose and can be used on any above-ground pool.
- Outstanding Hydraulic Design provides full vacuuming capacity and real random coverage guarantees that the entire floor is vacuumed.
- Efficient Cleaning
- Easy to install
- Easy to operate
- Gets stuck sometimes
- Stay in one place sometimes
This intex pool vacuum cleaner does not require any cable or cords so, there is no hassle about the tangling of the wires.
It automatically turns off when you take it out from the surface of the pool. This feature helps to save energy.
- It has long-lasting built-in Ni-MH rechargeable batteries to provide strong suction.
- This vacuum is suitable for both PureSpas, as well as above-ground pools up to 18 feet in diameter.
- It has a lightweight but robust 94-inch telescoping aluminum shaft.
- Intex Handheld offers maximum flexibility to clean a pool with its interchangeable brush heads.
- It shuts off automatically after it comes out of the pool surface which saves a lot of energy.
- Easy to use
- Saves energy
- Provides strong suction
- Auto shut-off system
- Simple to put together
- The battery stops charging sometimes.
- The charging light does not turn off after fully charged.
This Aquabot is a robotic pool cleaner. It can integrate hydraulic energy and separate filtration device into a single ground-breaking above-ground pool cleaner.
It can navigate itself precisely with direct guidance. So, it can clean floors, surfaces, and slopes of all forms of above-ground pools.
For a smoother, safer pool, this extra high-capacity reusable filter bag collects dirt and debris such as leaves, small trees, and particles as small as 2 microns.
- This customizable and automated vacuum cleaner can clean 5400 square feet of pool per hour.
- The Pool Rover Hybrid has free rotating wheels that never stuck, and it can clean any form of pool thanks to its forward and reverse time settings.
- Pool Rover has an easy-to-use guidance system that cleans the floor of any aboveground pool of any size.
- Automatically rendered timer turns off 2 to 3 hours.
- The easy-to-clean reusable 19-quart micro filter bag can filter everything from large leaves to algae as tiny as 2 microns.
- In less than an hour, a jet-propelled system sweeps the surface and slopes of a 24-foot-diameter pool.
- Has rotating wheels
- Cleans all types of dirt
- Wheels might come off
- A filter might get clogged
The Intex Auto Pool Cleaner is not only reliable and effective but also very economical.
It was designed specifically to satisfy the needs of Intex pool owners. It vacuums the floor of the Intex pool from corner to corner. Thus, maintaining your pool becomes effortless and convenient.
The newly developed Intex Auto Pool Cleaner is a simple solution that easily vacuums the whole pool deck.
- Specifically made to clean the Intex pool automatically.
- Intex pool cleaner needs an Intex filter pump which should have a System Flow Rate of 1600-3500GPH. This can easily connect with Intex inlet connectors with 1-1/2″ or 38mm hose fittings and includes a 24’7” hose.
- It cleans each corner of the Intex pool thoroughly.
- Durable materials were used in the construction of this item to ensure that it can last a long time.
- Ideal for pools with a depth of 24 feet or less.
- 1 automated pool cleaner and 1 hose are included.
- The optimal flow rate from the pool pump is 2,500 gallons per hour.
- Easy to assemble
- Easy to put together
- Strong enough
- Move around easily
- Cleans bottom of the pool perfectly
- Not suitable for in-ground pools
- It may stop moving
Things to Consider Before Buying a Vacuum For Intex Pool
The first thing you should think about is what brand you are going to use. So, you may ask, what are the best vacuum for Intex pool brands?
Here are some of the brands we recommend and personally have likings for:
Aquabot, Zodiac, Pentair, Hayward, Polaris, XtremepowerUS.
Through their Intex Krystal Klear cleaners, Intex also makes the list of the best brands.
Top brands are more costly, but they have outstanding value for money as opposed to lesser-known low-cost pool vacuum brands such as VINGLI. Top brands ensure high-quality service and long-term performance. Furthermore, these brands uphold warranties if the pool fails within the agreed time frame. Finally, pieces and components are inexpensive and widely available.
Budget or Price
Budget is something we all keep in mind. The cost of a pool vacuum varies depending on the model and functionality. Recall the thumb rule: you get what you pay for. So, consider the price wisely. If you’re on a budget, there are some reasonably priced pool vacuums.
- Suction side models are the most affordable, with prices ranging from $100 to $400.
- Pressure side vacuums vary from $200 which is the base model to $800 which are high-end models.
- The creme de la creme is the robotic pool vacuums, which range in price from $500 to $1300.
Power and Flow Rate
Power and Flow rate defines the performance of an above-ground pool vacuum. The strength of a motor is decided by its size. Power is determined by horsepower, ranging from 0.5 to 2.0 horsepower. The flow rate is the amount of water that can be pumped in a given amount of time. The flow rate is measured in gallons per hour (GPH). Before purchasing a pool pump, you need to make sure that the power and flow rate matches the pool size.
Bagged vacuums and bagless options are two types of mechanisms to filter out the debris.
Suction side cleaners use bagless options because they depend on the pool pump filter system. Thus, the pool pump filter has shorter longevity. Robotic pool vacuums and pressure-side cleaners use filter bags that collect the dirt. Thus, the pool pump filter has longer longevity.
Type of Debris
A suction cleaner is suitable for pool owners who are concerned with small to middle-sized dirt like sand, dead insects, small leaves, etc. It has ample suction capacity to remove tiny and lightweight dirt particles.
The pool owners who are concerned with medium to large-sized debris like large leaves, acorns, and twigs, can buy a pressure side cleaner.
Robotic pool vacuum cleaners are perfect for all pool types to remove all types of dirt. This includes the tiniest dirt molecules to the largest debris.
Size, Shape, And Design
The length of a full cleaning cycle is determined by the size of your pool. You can use a manual cleaner if you have a small pool. But if you own a large pool, you should buy an automatic pool vacuum.
How to Use Vacuum for Intex Pool
The Intex pool vacuum system is a bit different from most other pool vacuum systems. Intex pool vacuums work independently. The machine is special because it does not need any pool pump modifications, but it does require water pressure.
- Step 1: Link the garden hose to the house plug.
- Step 2: Connect the two pieces of the telescoping shaft. Put one end into the other and rotate it anticlockwise to keep it in place.
- Step 3: Line up the shaft with the head of the vacuum at the point where you see a spring. Squeeze the spring’s plastic tips together before the shaft of the spring slides into vacuum head.
- Step 4: Connect one end of the vacuum head to the debris bag. Fasten the bag tightly with a vacuum head.
- Step 5: On the other end of the vacuum head, connect the adapter nozzle of the garden hose. Pull the hose on the adapter nozzle after clipping it to the telescoping shaft.
- Step 6: Introduce water pressure by turning it on. Change the water output if you are using the vacuum for the first time to ensure that enough water pressure is provided to collect debris on the pool surface.
- Step 7: To clean the debris, position the vacuum head on the surface and gently slide it around the pool.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to set up a vacuum for above ground Intex pool?
Ans: All the steps are briefly explained above in the section “How to Use Above Ground Pool Vacuum for Intex”.
Will it suck up algae dust and sand on my pool’s floor?
Ans: Yes, it will pick up algae dust and sand and collect them on the bag while cleaning your pool.
How much hose comes with the Aquabug?
Ans: It has enough hose to easily clean a 24–26-foot pool.
Does Aquabug vacuum hook up to the filter?
Ans: Yes, it hooks up to the filter exactly like a vacuum hose since it is used for above-ground pools.
Last but not the least, all of the mentioned vacuum for Intex pool is the best for cleaning your pool. Each one of them is perfect their way. All of them offer you a wide range of features to make your pool cleaning experience smooth and effortless. But the one you need to buy depends on your pool size and your demands.